Inbetweeners Scooter Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dyno Dash To SRT Full Write-up.

5 posters

Go down

Dyno Dash To SRT Full Write-up. Empty Dyno Dash To SRT Full Write-up.

Post by Goodship1002 Sun May 29, 2011 4:53 am

Rain.... What better way can there be to start the first ISC event EVER!

Well thats what faced many of us as we began our long journey to Stroud to visit Shiny Red and his team to see what they do and help support and promote the magic that happens within their unit.

At 6:30, Connor and Lindsay began their journey from Kettering to get to Banbury for 8:30 to meet up with whoever else braved the weather, by 9:30 they were still waiting for other people.... great start wouldnt you agree!

Nevertheless conzo, lindsay and Goodship began the main part of their journey taking them through twists and turns through country roads to stratford, then onto Alcester where Kyle and Nathan waited patiently for about an hour! 'I could have had another hour in bed' - just one of the comments from the birmingham/nuneaton boys.

Down the A46 we went towards Evesham, and CS Phoenix - First relief was that we got there without having to ask for directions, the second was that Lindsay only has minor repairs to be carried out.... Lets leave it at that shall we Connor?!

A quick chat and a roll of duct tape later and we were on our way to Stroud, through Cheltenham, After passing Cheltenham we rode some of the most smooth, twisty roads i think some of us have ever ridden, let alone the amazing scenery that leads you into Stroud.

Mcdonalds next for a quick check to make sure we were on the right track, and a double cheeseburger - 2.8 miles from SRT!

We had arrived! Many miles ridden and we got there, on a small industrial estate just on the outskirts of stroud, welcomed by happy faces, a bacon bap and a cuppa tea! What more could we ask for.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then the magic started to happen, we saw the blue and white of an amazing SRT183 build by Shiny for a customer, such an eye for detail he explained all that had been done to the amazing Runner.

Out came the original, the Gilera Runner SRT183 #1 - The one you see on the drag strip, you dont fully appreciate what it is and what it does until you see it for yourself.
'Anyone want a go' Shiny asked! A few stepped up but most too scared to try, 'if i owned it yeah but i aint crashing that' was what most people said!

Amazed by Nathan riding so far on a 50cc Ice, Shiny decided it should be first on the dyno...

No air cover, its a 50 and he rode 80miles Shiny Shouts....

'So whats it gonna be then? 3.5bhp? 4bhp?' Shiny said....

5.71bhp! No-one could believe it! for a 50cc Ice!

Next up - Goodships Dragster, a 'claimed' 20-24bhp wasnt on the minds of the experts - 15bhp was shouted across the unit as the gueses came in...

16.31bhp - A suprised but happy Goodship began seeking advice from Shiny and his team - A changed main jet and Lightened flywheel was to be done and 1bhp would be added. Big Smiles

Jimi's turn! Dragster 180 - Would it beat the 172?

The skelly Matt Drag showed a great line on the dyno and 15.83bhp, with little advice from Shiny, a happy Jimi knows his ebay account may need to be used on a better filter.

Now - The one we'd been waiting for, the guesses started floating about '22bhp? - 24bhp? 19bhp?

Connors VXR200 monster took to the Dyno....

Huh??? 12.41bhp?? WTF!

A confused connor took to the computer to double check the readout for himself - A little while later and all was confirmed.. 4 strokes rev lower, part of the BHP readout is done on how high the revs go, 'its all about the torque, thats what makes you go' claimed shiny, 16.64 lb/ft torque and a readout of 98mph - Now we all understand and a happy connor puts his 34mm carb back under his seat.

Lindsays turn... or should we say TURNS! 10 Dyno runs later and we discovered a standard VX125, can be made into a little monster with an hours work...

The readout shows it all - Rollers and Variator changed (thanks to connor - All has been put right Smile tyre pressures sorted, a few little touches from shiny and this is what you get...

Amazed, we all watched as Lindsay gave his new improved VX a ride round the block before coming back with huge smiles

'You lot go now, i'll leave in half an hour, i'll catch you up' A Happy Lindsay shouted!

Many visitors came and went, the arrival of CS Phoenix's crew burst new life into the day as an Aerox 70 was dyno'd to show a very impressive 10bhp.

Connors day of disaster continued as finding where the cdi became too difficult for everyone in attendance, every panel off, every wire checked, the cdi was finally found and replaced with a Malossi CDI, Panels back on, everything back in place.. and the VXR200 would not start.... Shiny research began only to conclude the CDI WAS WRONG!

Wanting more from his Ice 50 - Nathan took to having his flywheel lightened - Acceleration improved and Shiny suggested a smaller increase than that of a 125's flywheel being lightened, but possibly the ice could now hit 6bhp.....

The day slowly drew to a close as CS Phoenix's lads headed home before the rest of us made our way back, the A429 was the ideal route, a direct route straight back to banbury, Nathan, Lindsay, Connor and Goodship headed back, getting fuel at the start and lasting the distance,the roads were quiet, the sun was out and a smooth speed of 50mph suited all riders as we cruised all the way to Banbury, only a minor stop by the local police in gloucestershire slowing us down. 9pm and we were back in Banbury, where, for some of us the day had begun 12 hours ago, still a long ride home for all, we went our seperate ways.

Around 1400miles were covered between around 12 Auto riders, some travelling as much as 200+ miles to attend, but all left happy, wanting more and glad they braved the weather and made the trip.

Massive thankyou's go out to all who made it, to CS Phoenix for getting his guys to come and support the event

And especially to Shiny, Kim and Scott at Shiny Red Tuning for putting on a great day, making us feel so welcome and for allowing us to see what they do and how they do it

[img][/img]
Goodship1002
Goodship1002
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dyno Dash To SRT Full Write-up. Empty Re: Dyno Dash To SRT Full Write-up.

Post by conzo92 Sun May 29, 2011 8:29 am

lets leave it at that! hahahahaha, Was a brilliant day. Loved the ride and the day at shinys. looking for a new cdi so will get my bhp up. Will have that fitted before i go to shinys next Razz
conzo92
conzo92
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsay1964 Sun May 29, 2011 9:35 am

what a great day, still smiling, special thanks to conner for the variator and to gareth for his organisation, bring on the darksie meet.... can`t wait
lindsay1964
lindsay1964
New To Site
New To Site

Back to top Go down

Post by jimisnake99 Sun May 29, 2011 1:41 pm

U forgot to mention the slight detour to the train station, lol.

New air filter on the cards then rollers, but 1st brakes so I can stop.

Great day all in all, was good to put some faces to the names. Can't waIt 4 darkside rallie, hopefully will get a good few of us together there.
jimisnake99
jimisnake99
Club Legend
Club Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan93 Sun May 29, 2011 2:56 pm

great day all round, i removed my variator tonite to find i only have 5 rollers so should have more bhp on the ice at the next srt meet Wink
nathan93
nathan93
Club Legend
Club Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down